Thursday, December 1, 2011

Finally back into Ernie's


 It had been almost 9 months since I was last in Ernie's Canyon. I had almost forgot what I was missing. Ben made the call and I rallied out. I was a little hesitant as I would be boating my old, partially destroyed Burn.
ernies canyon
                                           Popping up for some air in some quality boogie.


I spent all day Thursday, Thanksgiving,  practicing my plastic welding on an old boat and got to a point where I was confident welding up my newest broken Burn. 
Kayak Welding
                                           Trial and error at its best.



Kayak Welding
 Will she hold?
Kayak Welding

                                                               She will.
Kayak Welding, Daniel Patrinellis, BigDog Kayaks
                                           Final "bat" test on my best weld: Success!
Kayak Welding


Kayak Welding
                                                            Now all I need is some water.

Luckily Ernie's had it and felt like sharing.  I met up with Ben, Andrew, Lane and of course: Rob Himself. I got to the takeout and had a full half hour to psych myself out of getting on the river. Level on the stick was around 6.60 and I couldn't remember what kind of a pucker factor that translated to.


Ernies Canyon, Raft Catch
Boofing the Hell out of Raft Catch.
                                                         
But within minutes of being on the river, I was glad I put on.

Ernies Canyon, Double Boof
Boof Or Consequence, for real son!
                                                           After I came out of the bottom hole in double hole, whatever you want to call it, I just started paddling through to the next eddy. Maybe because the closest was full, maybe because I'm an idiot. I don't know if my mind was just in a daze or I just wasn't paying attention, but by the time I realized I was paddling into a strainer I was past the point of no return. All I could do was yell "Wood!" and boof. Luckily it worked out.


                                                                           Boof Left
                                                     Outflow of the current hydro plant on Ernie's.
Good times where had and I was able to snag a little video... Good day on the river. Good people to share it with. And $1.50 tacos at the takeout. Can't complain one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment